Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Summer Gift for My Mother-In-Law - It's Unagi!

Set of Unagi on Amazon Japan
      Last night, my husband and I were looking for a perfect gift for his mother, who has sometimes sent us some Japanese foods from Japan. We were first looking some Japanese sweets and flower, but we eventually ordered this set of unagi no kabayaki (うなぎの蒲焼き) from Amazon Japan.
Set of Unagi on Amazon Japan
     Unagi (うなぎ, 鰻) is a Japanese freshwater eel. When you go to sushi restaurant, you can find eel sushi, but I think that's not unagi mostly. Most sushi restaurants only serve anago (あなご), saltwater eels. Unagi and anago look and taste similar, although not identical. Unagi is more nutrient rich food, and unagi is usually three times more expensive than anago because of rarity value especially Japan's domestic eels. During hot summer, people in Japan eat nutritious foods such as unagi to maintain their health. It's May and is getting hot in Japan day by day, so I thought unagi is a perfect gift for her to stay healthy this summer. :)  Did you know that Japan is the world's number one consumer of unagi? I think that people in some Asian countries such as China and Korea also consume unagi. You can also check out my previous entry, Doyo Ushi No Hi - A Special Day for Eating Unagi.




    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.




       These are also my entries you might like.
■Doyo Ushi No Hi - A Special Day for Eating Unagi

■Unagi

■How to Cook Yakitori Don, Japanese Chicken Bowl 

■Most Popular Japanese Foods (Top 11 - 20)

■What I Bought at Japanese Supermarkets

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods 

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■How to Cook Japanese White Cream Stew

■How to Cook Soboro Don, Japanese Scrambled Meat And Egg Bowl

■How to Cook Easy Teriyaki Chicken




No comments:

Post a Comment