Saturday, June 3, 2017

How to Cook Simple Hiyashi Udon, Cold Udon Noodles

       Last week, I felt like eating udon noodles late at night, so my husband cooked simple hiyashi udon, cold udon noodles, for our late night snack. :) It was very quick and easy meal and tasted so good! I'm going to share how to cook hiyashi udon with you.

Ingredients
1 Serving of Frozen Udon Noodles
Mentsuyu (麵つゆ、めんつゆ)
Water
Chopped Green Onions
Yuzu Kosho (optional)



1. Cook udon noodles according to package instruction. Then, soak the noodles in ice water. Drain the noodles.


2. Serve the noodles on a plate. Top noodles with green onions and yuzu kosho. For dipping sauce, mix mentsuyu and water according to your taste, and add green onions. Enjoy! 


      By the way, if you have never tried yuzu kosho (柚子こしょう, ゆずこしょう), you really should try one. This Japanese citrus spice gives your meal superior flavor. Add tiny amount of it to your udon, stakes, salads and so on. My simple udon turned into restaurant grade one with yuzu kosho! :)
Yuzu Kosho



    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.


       These are also my entries you might like.
■Tsukimi Wakame Udon - What My Husband Cooked for Lunch

■Yakiudon, Yaki Udon, Japanese Stir-Fried Udon Noodles

■How to Cook Easy Nabeyaki Udon (with Nabeyaki Udon Set)

■How to Cook Sara Udon, Japanese Crispy Deep-fried Noodles with Stir-fried Vegetable And Thick Soup

■ How to Cook Miso Soup

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


No comments:

Post a Comment