Monday, June 26, 2017

How to Prepare Amazake, A Japanese Healthy Drink

     As I mentioned in my yesterday's entry, I had amazake last night. Amazake (甘酒) is a traditional Japanese healthy drink made from fermented rice, koji. Ama (甘) means sweet and sake (酒) means alcohol in Japanese. However, amazake which made from koji usually doesn't contain alcohol. In contrast, amazake made from sake kasu (sake lees) contains subtle alcohol. Even though amazake which is made from koji doesn't contain sugar, it has slightly sweet tastes comes from fermented rice. It looks similar to rice porridge, but it tastes sweet and is more like dessert. :) Indeed, I was really surprised at how delicious it was when I had it last night!

      Amazake is a very healthy drink that is high in Vitamin B, folic acid and fiber. Since some famous Japanese fashion models said on TV show that they have been drinking amazake as a supplement drink to maintain their health and keep their skin beautiful, it has been a pretty popular drink in Japan these years.

      I purchased this Zen Amazake (禅 あま酒) made by Kanejyu (カネジュウ食品), which is a Japanese company makes koji products such as miso, amazake and moromi, at my local Japanese supermarket in the U.S. If you live in Japan, you can find this at many supermarkets. I'm going to share how to prepare this Zen Amazake with you.
Amazake


Ingredients (5 to 6 Servings)
One Pack (400g) of Zen Amazake
350 ml (11.8 fl oz) of Water
1 Tablespoon of grated ginger



1. Put all ingredients into a sauce pan, and heat it up.


2. Serve and enjoy.





      These are my entries you might like.
■How to Cook Teriyaki Chicken with Ama Koji

■How to Make Sauteed Nukazuke Chicken

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Tamago Kake Gohan - Raw Egg on Rice

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■How to Make Tamagoyaki, Japanese Omelette

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Daiso 


    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.

    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.


No comments:

Post a Comment