Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Marutai Kumamoto Tonkotsu Ramen with Browned Garlic and Black Garlic Sesame Oil

Marutai Kumamoto Tonkotsu Ramen
       Last weekend, my husband finally cooked this Marutai Kumamoto Tonkotsu Ramen (マルタイ 熊本 とんこつラーメン). This instant ramen has browned garlic (焦がしニンニク). Kuro mayu (黒マー油) is black oil made from sesame oil and browned garlic. According to Wikipedia, tonkotsu ramen originated in Kurume city in Fukuoka prefecture, which is located next to Kumamoto prefecture. While Kurume tonkotsu ramen has rich pork bone based soup, Kumamoto tonkotsu ramen is made from a large amount of garlic to reduce smell of strong pork bone.  
Marutai Kumamoto Tonkotsu Ramen

        Because my hometown is Southern Fukuoka, I visited Kumamoto for sightseeing so many times such as Kikuchi Valley (菊池渓谷). However, I've never had tonkotsu ramen there. In Japan, some ramen restaurants use kuro mayu, Kumamoto style black oil, so I've had kuro mayu tonkotsu ramen some times in Japan.   By the way, the beige  map on this package (photo below) is Kyushu (九州), which is the most southwesterly of four main islands of Japan. The blue area on the map is Kumamoto (熊本), a prefecture of Kyusyu Island.


     Each pack of Marutai Bou Ramen series always has two servings of instant noodles and soup.

      First cook dried instant ramen noodles.

      Then, add tonkotsu soup powder and black oil.

      Serve noodles and a cooked egg in a large ramen bowl.


      Add soup in it.

     Top it with chopped green onion.

     Add shredded red ginger, kizami shoga.

      Enjoy!  
Marutai Kumamoto Tonkotsu Ramen
     I was really surprised that Marutai Kumamoto tonkotsu ramen tasted really good! It had savory delicious garlic flavor. :) Marutai Kyushu series has four kinds of tonkotsu ramen, Hakata, Kurume, Kagoshima and Kumamoto. I thought that Kumamoto one was the best in Marutai tonkotsu ramen!



       Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series has eight kinds of local ramen from Kyushu Island. Finally, I tried all 8 kinds of ramen! :) Actually, I really loved all of them, but next time, I'll share three my most favorite ramen from Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series with you. :)
Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series
     Amazon US finally started selling Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series! However, this set of Kyushu Series only has 7 kinds of Marutai Kyushu Ramen. It doesn't contain Kurume ramen... However, if you are interested in Marutai Kyushu Ramen, this is a great set to try. It has 14 servings of Marutai ramen. :)  If you are in Japan, you can find these Marutai ramen at Don Quijote (ドン・キホーテ), which is also called Donki (ドンキ), one of the biggest Japanese discount chain stores in Japan.







      These are my entries related to Marutai Kyusyu Instant Ramen.

■All About Marutai Kyushu Local Ramen! Must-Try Japanese Instant Ramen

■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■Kumamoto Tonkotsu Ramen 

■Hakata Nagahama Tonkotsu Ramen

■Kurume Tonkotsu Ramen

■Kagoshima Kurobuta Tonkotsu Ramen

■Saga Gyu Shio Ramen

■Miyazaki Tori Shio Ramen

■Nagasaki Agodashi Soy Sauce Ramen

■Oita Torigara Soy Sauce Ramen



    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.



       These are also my entries you might like.

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Japanese Drugstore Shopping List - 6 Best Japanese Products You Can Purchase at Drugstore in Japan!

■Myojo Chukazanmai, The Best Japanese Instant Noodles!

■Japanese Instant Noodle Haul

■Japanese Cup Noodle Haul

■Hiyashi Chuka, Japanese Summer Cold Noodles 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets





No comments:

Post a Comment