Friday, June 2, 2017

Seiwa Market Started Selling Fresh Fish and Meat!

     Seiwa Market, a Japanese supermarket in Costa Mesa, has finally started selling fresh fish and meat! They used to sell pretty limited selection of products compared to other Japanese supermarkets, but now we can also purchase fresh sushi there! :) The reason why I like Seiwa Market is that they sell Japanese products at pretty reasonable prices. :)

    Last weekend, my husband and I purchased some sushi there. If you go to Seiwa Market at evening time, you might find that some half price fresh sushi and sashimi (but they sell out pretty quickly).

    I was able to get this bara chirashi for about $3 there! It was originally $6. :) Bara chirashi is a cooked vinegared rice bowl topped with a variety of fresh sashimi. Tokyo Central, another Japanese supermarket in Costa Mesa, sells bara chirashi for about $9. Well, Tokyo Central's bara chirashi is larger than this one, but you cannot beat the price. This bara chirashi had many kinds of very fresh fish! It had fresh tuna, salmon, yellow tail, octopus, vinegared mackerel and so on.
Bara Chirashi


      This set of nigirizushi was originally about $10, but I purchased it for $5. :) It had two pieces of fatty tuna sushi (トロ), three pieces of tuna sushi, two pieces of salmon sushi and Japanese egg omelet. The fatty tuna is usually very expensive, so this sushi set was a very great deal. :) I was impressed that all fish was so fresh and high quality. Although rice wasn't so good. 
Nigirizushi
       If you want to get very fresh fish, you should check Japanese supermarkets. Because people in Japan has been eating fresh raw fish such as sashimi and sushi for over 200 years, fish department staffs of Japanese supermarkets really know how to preserve fish as fresh as possible. I think that's not simple, but I heard that they keep fish at -60℃ (-76℉), and the thermal management is one of the most important tips to keep fish fresh longer.  I was really satisfied with the quality of raw fish Seiwa Market sells. :)



        That night, my husband quickly made egg omelet.


     We also had instant red seabream soup which my mother-in-law sent from Japan.


Seiwa Market
3151 Harbor Blvd 
Costa Mesa, CA 92626




     My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.


       These are also my entries you might like.

■Seiwa - New Japanese Supermarket in Costa Mesa

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■The Best Japanese Beauty Products at Mitsuwa, a Japanese Supermarket

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Daiso 


■Japanese Drugstore Shopping List - 6 Best Japanese Products You Can Purchase at Drugstore in Japan!

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets



No comments:

Post a Comment