Thursday, July 20, 2017

How to Cook Ninjin Shirishiri, Japanese Stir-Fried Carrots and Eggs - Okinawan Cuisine

    Last night, I cooked ninjin shirishiri (にんじんしりしり), which is famous Okinawan cuisine made from carrots, eggs and tuna. Ninjin (にんじん, 人参) means carrots in Japanese, and shirishiri (しりしり) menas shredding in Okinawan language.
    Okinawa prefecture is the southernmost prefecture of Japan. Before my husband and I got married, we traveled Okinawa once and enjoyed Okinawan cuisine there such as Okinawan soba noodles (ソーキそば) and umi budo (海ブドウ), and we also loved eating out at a popular Okinawan cuisine restaurant, Teaanda (てぃーあんだ), in Osaka. Okinawan cuisine is very healthy. During the summer, Okinawa is extremely hot and humid. Hot weather makes you loose your appetite. That's why people in Okinawa want to eat nutritious foods to maintain their health during hot days.
         Today, I'm going to share how to cook ninjin shirishiri with you.  :)
Ingredients (9 Servings)
1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
9 Carrots (Grated or Shredded)
2 Cans of Tuna
3 Eggs (Beaten)
1 Tablespoon of Mentsuyu
Nip of Salt and Black Peppers


* I grated carrots in my food processor with a shredding disc. It was quick and easy to grating carrots!
Cuisinart 7 Cup Food Processor

1. Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Stir-fry carrots.





2. When carrots are cooked, add tuna. Stir them thoroughly.




3. Add egg and stir them thoroughly.




4. When egg is fully cooked, season it with mentsuyu. Add salt and pepper according to your taste.




5. Serve and enjoy!


       These are also my entries you might like.
■Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Japanese White Cream Stew
 
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Hiyashi Chuka, Japanese Summer Cold Noodles 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


No comments:

Post a Comment