Saturday, July 1, 2017

How To Cook Tsukimi Wakame Udon

    Tonight, my husband cooked tsukimi wakame udon (月見わかめ うどん). As you might know, udon is Japanese thick white noodles. Tuki (月) in Japanese means the moon, and mi (見) means to view, so tukimi (月見) is moon-viewing. The egg in this udon looks like the moon, so it's called tsukimi udon in Japan. We added some wakame and green onion. The wakame looked like night sky. :)  Anyway, I'm going to share with you how he cooked tsukimi wakame udon.
   He told me that the amount of water and mentsuyu depends on your preference. Sorry, he didn't measure the ingredients.  Yuzu kosho is an optional, but adding a small amount of yuzu kosho makes it to restaurant grade udon noodles. :) 

Ingredients (2 Servings)
2 Servings of Frozen Udon Noodles
Water
Mentsuyu
Dried Wakame
2 Fresh Eggs
Green Onion (Chopped)
Tororo Kombu
Shichimi (Japanese Spice Mixture Containing Seven Ingredients)
1/2 Teaspoon of Yuzu Kosho

       


1. Put water into a pot and bring it to a boil. Then, put frozen udon noodles. Check the package of udon noodles for cooking time.


2. Add mentsuyu and dried wakame in it.
 

3. While cooking udon noodles, cook fresh egg in a microwave oven. Put a little water in a small cup and put a fresh egg in it. Then microwave it for 20 seconds, and microwave it for another 15 seconds. The cooking time depends on size of egg. Keep in mind that if you over cooked the egg in a microwave oven, it would be exploded in it. Try not to over cook the egg.  


4. When udon noodles is cooked, move the noodles into a large bowl. Add the cooked egg and pour udon soup over the egg. Top it with wakame, green onion and tororo kombu. Sprinkle shichimi over it. Add yuzu kosho if you like. Enjoy!


       These are also my entries you might like.

■How to Cook Sara Udon, Japanese Crispy Deep-fried Noodles with Stir-fried Vegetable And Thick Soup

■Yakiudon, Yaki Udon, Japanese Stir-Fried Udon Noodles
 
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Japanese Instant Noodle Haul

■Japanese Cup Noodle Haul

■Hiyashi Chuka, Japanese Summer Cold Noodles 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment