Sunday, August 13, 2017

How to Cook Japanese Curry

      Tonight, my husband cooked this Japanese chicken curry for dinner. Japanese curry is so delicious, and I think that everyone loves it regardless of race and age. As I mentioned in my previous entry, Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods, Japanese curry is one of the most popular Japanese foods for foreign tourists visiting Japan. Indeed, I have never seen person who doesn't like Japanese curry. :)  
      In order to make Japanese curry, you need to get Japanese curry sauce mix. There are many Japanese curry sauce mix brands in markets. If you don't know which one you should choose, you can check out my previous entry, Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix. By the way, this time, he used this S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix Medium Hot.
S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix Medium Hot

     I'm going to share how to make Japanese curry with you. Before cooking Japanese curry you should know these...
* You can use any vegetable such as potato, carrot, eggplant, tomato, bell pepper and etc...
* You can use any meat such as chicken, pork, beef and lamb.
* You can eat Japanese curry right after you finished cooking it, but it will taste better next day (It will have richer tastes and thicker texture next day.).
* Japanese curry is not too spicy unlike Thai curry. If you like spicy food, hot or extra hot is the best choice for you. Mild is perfect for children. I usually choose hot or medium hot.



Ingredients (12 Servings)
4 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
2 to 3 lbs of Meat (Beef, Chicken, Pork or Lamb), Cut meat into bite sizes.
2 Onions (Chopped)
2 Carrots (Chopped)
4 Potatoes (Chopped)
6 Cups of Water
1 Box of S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix


 1. Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Stir-fry meat and vegetables.


2. Add water and bring to a boil. Simmer it over low heat for 20 minutes or so until vegetables are fully cooked.


3. (This step is the most important.) Turn off the heat. Break curry sauce mix and put into mixture. Stir until completely melted. (By reducing temperature, curry sauce mix melts perfectly. Otherwise, it will coagulate by high heat.)


4. Simmer it over low heat for 5 minutes, and stir it constantly.


5. Serve with steamed rice and enjoy! 



       These are also my entries you might like.

■Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix

■How to Cook Hayashi Rice, Japanese Beef Stew

■How to Cook Japanese White Cream Stew
 
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets




    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.



No comments:

Post a Comment