Tuesday, August 8, 2017

How to Make Ichigo Daifuku, A Japanese Mochi Dessert Stuffed with Strawberry and Anko

     This weekend, I purchased fresh strawberries at my local supermarket and made ichigo daifuku (いちご大福, 苺大福), which is one of traditional Japanese confections, wagashi (和菓子). Ichigo (いちご) means a strawberry in Japanese. Daifuku (大福) is mochi dessert stuffed with anko (あんこ, 餡), which is sweetened red bean pastes. Thus, ichigo daifuku is mochi dessert stuffed with a strawberry and anko. It looks difficult to make but is actually pretty easy. :)  Today, I'm going to share how to make ichigo daifuku with you.

Ingredients (6 Pieces of Ichigo Daifuku)

■For Mochi
 5oz (150g) of Mochiko
 1.7oz (50g) of Sugar
 Nip of Salt
 8 fl oz (230g) of Water

■For Filling
 6 Fresh Strawberries (Medium Size)
 Anko, Sweetened Red Bean Pastes
 ※You can also add cream cheese for ichigo cheese daifuku if you like.

■Other
 Katakuriko, Japanese Potato Starch




1. Mix mochiko, sugar and salt in a large bowl.


2. Add water in it. Mix them thoroughly.


3. Cover a lid (or plastic wrap), and microwave it for 2 minutes. Stir the dough thoroughly. 


4. Cover the lid, and microwave it for anther 2 minutes. Then, stir it thoroughly.


5. Cover the lid, and microwave it for 30 seconds or so until the dough is evenly cooked. Stir the dough thoroughly.


6. Wrap a strawberry with anko. (If you make ichigo cheese daifuku, wrap a strawberry and cream cheese with anko.) Make 6 pieces.


7. Wet your hands. Divide the dough in 6 pieces (It depends on the size of strawberries.). Take a piece of the dough (mochi) with your wet hands. Make flat and round mochi. Put a strawberry with anko on mochi. Then, wrap it by stretching mochi.





8. Put some katakuriko on a large plate, and put the daifuku. Dust your hands and daifuku with katakuriko.


9. Serve and enjoy! You can cut it in half to enjoy seeing the inside.






       These are also my entries you might like.
■My Favorite Okara Chocolate Cake & Okara Recipes

■What I Bought at Japanese Supermarkets

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods 

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■How to Cook Japanese White Cream Stew

■How to Cook Soboro Don, Japanese Scrambled Meat And Egg Bowl

■How to Cook Easy Teriyaki Chicken


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.



No comments:

Post a Comment