Thursday, August 17, 2017

Japanese Foods and Sake - Wakako Zake

     Today, my husband purchased this sake, bara chirashizushi and edamame at a Japanese supermarket on his way back home from work.  We don't usually drink alcohol, and I think that the last time I had sake was about 10 years ago, and frankly, I didn't really like taste of sake.

      The reason why he purchased sake today was this animation movie, Wakako Zake (ワカコ酒), which I found a few days ago. In the video, Wkako Murasaki enjoys eating out at Japanese restaurants (mostly izakaya restaurants), after work. She expresses how delicious Japanese foods are and which alcohol is perfect with the food. I thought that I wanted to eat Japanese chicken karaage and uni kureson! Actually, I want to eat all Japanese foods she eats in the video. I also thought that I don't usually drink alcohol, but... "Does sake taste so good?" I asked him, "She says that Japanese fish dishes are perfect with Japanese sake. Is that so?" That's why he purchased sake and sushi today. 
Wakakko Zake

        We had a small amount of sake today. It was aromatic and slightly sweet. Actually, it tasted much better than I expected. "I think it's pretty good!" I enjoyed a small cup of sake with sushi today. As Wakako says sake tastes better with fish dishes. :) Yet, I prefer green tea to alcohol though. :)  


       These are my entries you might like.

■What I Bought at Japanese Supermarkets

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods 

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■How to Cook Japanese White Cream Stew

■How to Cook Soboro Don, Japanese Scrambled Meat And Egg Bowl

■How to Cook Easy Teriyaki Chicken



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.



No comments:

Post a Comment