Wednesday, September 13, 2017

How to Cook Umakachan Kumamoto Tonkotsu Instant Ramen

     As I mentioned in my previous entry, my mother-in-law sent House Foods Umakachan Kumamoto Tonkotsu Instant Ramen for my husband and me from Japan. Umakachan (うまかっちゃん) is local instant ramen which you can only purchase in Kyushu Island, Japan. Umakkachan was first released in 1979. Umakachan means, "It's delicious!" in Fukuoka dialect. Since our hometown is Fukuoka, we sometimes had Umakachan instant ramen for lunch when we were children. These were Kumamoto Tonkotsu Ramen (熊本とんこつラーメン) which has savory garlic flavor.
Umakachan Kumamoto Tonkotsu Instant Ramen

      This week, he finally cooked Umakachan! I don't remember if Umakachan had Kumamoto one back then, but we thought that the noodles and soup were just as good as we used to eat when we were children. "This tastes really Umakachan!" :)  It tasted pretty good, but we thought that Umakachan cannot beat Marutai Kumamoto Tonkotsu Ramen. While Umakachan has instant ramen taste, Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series have authentic ramen tastes Japanese ramen restaurants serve. Umakachan is very affordable though.  You can check out my previous entry, Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series.
Umakachan Kumamoto Tonkotsu Ramen

     Anyway, today I'm going to share how he cooked Umakachan with you.
Umakachan

     Each package of Umakachan had a pack of tonkotsu broth powder and a pack of oil.
Umakachan

Put noodles in boiling water.

    Cook the noodles for 2 to 3 minutes. Cooking time depends on your favorite firmness of noodles.


Add tonkotsu ramen broth powder in it and stir them.



Move the noodles into the ramen bowl.

Pour the soup in it.

Add a boiled egg.

Add oil in it and stir them.




Top it with chopped green onions, red ginger pickles and nori.



Enjoy!
Umakachan Instant Ramen





      These are my entries related to Marutai Kyusyu Instant Ramen.

■All About Marutai Kyushu Local Ramen! Must-Try Japanese Instant Ramen

■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■Kumamoto Tonkotsu Ramen 

■Hakata Nagahama Tonkotsu Ramen

■Kurume Tonkotsu Ramen

■Kagoshima Kurobuta Tonkotsu Ramen

■Saga Gyu Shio Ramen

■Miyazaki Tori Shio Ramen

■Nagasaki Agodashi Soy Sauce Ramen

■Oita Torigara Soy Sauce Ramen



       These are also my entries you might like.

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Japanese Drugstore Shopping List - 6 Best Japanese Products You Can Purchase at Drugstore in Japan!

■Myojo Chukazanmai, The Best Japanese Instant Noodles!

■Japanese Instant Noodle Haul

■Japanese Cup Noodle Haul

■Hiyashi Chuka, Japanese Summer Cold Noodles 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.




No comments:

Post a Comment