Monday, October 9, 2017

5 Best Delicious Souvenirs from Hokkaido, Japan

        Hokkaido is the northernmost of Japan's 47 prefectures. Hokkaido has many delicious foods such as fresh fish, ramen and sweets and many places to see beautiful scenery. When I lived in my college dorm for three years in Japan, my roommates were from Ishikari city and Kitami city in Hokkaido. Actually, many of my classmates were also from cities in Hokkaido such as Sapporo, Obihiro and Otaru. That's why I often heard about Hokkaido from my friends and was able to often have famous Hokkaido foods. After long vacation such as spring, summer and winter vacations, my friends gave me so many kinds of delicious souvenirs which they purchased in their hometown. I was able to try so many Hokkaido's delicious souvenirs during my college life. :) Actually, all Hokkaido's confectionery I've ever tried was so delicious, but today, I'm going to share five of them. These five souvenirs are the best of the bests. :)  If you are planning on visiting Hokkaido, you should check them at gift shops in airports and hotels there.



No.1 Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人) by Ishiya Seika (石屋製菓)
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人)
      I think that Shiroi Koibito is the most famous and popular cookies from Hokkaido.  Shiroi Koibito was first released by Ishiya Seika, located in Sapporo, Hokkaido, in 1976.
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人)
         It has high quality white chocolate sandwiched between two thin cookies. They also have dark chocolate ones.
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人)






No.2 Marusei Butter Sand (マルセイ  バターサンド) by Rokkatei (六花亭) 
Marusei Butter Sand (マルセイ  バターサンド) 
         I really loved Marusei Butter Sand! It has white chocolate, butter cream and raisins sandwiched between two biscuits. It was first released by Rokkatei, located in Obihiro city, Hokkaido, in 1977. I also loved many other Rokkatei's confectionery.
Marusei Butter Sand (マルセイ  バターサンド) 






No.3 Jaga Pokkuru (じゃがポックル) by Calbee (カルビー)
Jaga Pokkuru (じゃがポックル)
        Jaga Pokkuru was first released by Calbee in 2002. As soon as it was released, it became very popular Hokkaido's souvenir in Japan. At that time, I watched Japanese TV news about how popular Jaga Pokkuru was. Even though Jaga Pokkuru is incredibly popular, it can be purchased in Hokkaido only, and I found that Jaga Pokkuru were selling well on Japanese auction site at higher prices back then. 
Jaga Pokkuru (じゃがポックル)
        Jaga Pokkuru looks similar to Calbee Jagariko, which you can purchased at most supermarkets in Japan. However, Jaga Pokkuru tastes way better than Jagariko. Japa Pokkuru has real potato taste!
Jaga Pokkuru (じゃがポックル)





No.4 Corn Chocolate (とうきびチョコ) by Hori (ホリ)
Corn Chocolate (とうきびチョコ)
       Hori Corn Chocolate is called Toukibi Choco (とうきびチョコ) in Japan. It was first released by Hori, located in Sapporo, Hokkaido, in 1985. Corn Chocolate is white chocolate bar made of corns from Hokkaido and coated with white chocolate.
Corn Chocolate (とうきびチョコ)




No.5 Nama Chocolate (生チョコレート) by Royce (ロイス)
Nama Chocolate
       Nama (生) means raw or fresh in Japanese. Nama Chocolate was first released by Royce, located in Sapporo, in 1983. This is the highest quality chocolate. It is soft and so delicious. If you are a chocolate lover, you must try one! 
Nama Chocolate




       These are also my entries you might like.
■4 Hokkaido Limited Edition Lululun Facial Sheet Masks

■Starbucks Japan Geography Series City Mug - Hokkaido

■Starbucks Japan - City Mug - Hokkaido

■Starbucks Japan - City Tumbler - Hokkaido

■6 Japanese Products Loved by Foreign Tourists in Japan

■Japanese Breads Haul - Convenience Stores in Japan

■Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo - Japan Haul (Oct 2016)

■Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo, Japan - Haul (2014) 

■What He Got at Haneda Airport, Tokyo International Airport - Japan Haul (Nov 2016)

■What He Got at Haneda Airport, Tokyo International Airport - Japan Haul (Oct 2016)

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


     My entries related to popular and cool Japanese products can be seen here.
 
     My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

     My entries related to Japanese sweets and snacks can be seen here.

     My entries related to beauty can be seen here.

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.

     My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

     You can find my beauty entries by categories from here.





No comments:

Post a Comment