Tuesday, April 10, 2018

How to Make Japanese Custard Flan

        Last month, I made Japanese flan, which is called purin (プリン) in Japan. When I lived in Japan, I sometimes purchased Japanese flan at convenience stores such as creamy custard flan, coffee flan and matcha flan. This time, I made custard flan, and it turned out really perfect flan which tasted like one I used to purchase in Japan! Today, I'm going to share how to make Japanese custard flan with you. :)  

Ingredients (5 Servings)
7 fl oz (200 ml) of Whipping Cream
7 fl oz (200 ml) of Milk
7 Tablespoons of Sugar
6 Egg Yolks (Beaten) 

Garnish
Whipped Heavy Cream



1. Put whipping cream, milk and sugar in a sauce pan, and warm up the mixture on the stove. Stir constantly. Turn off the stove when the mixture is as warm as body temperature.



2. Beat egg yolks. Mix egg yolks and the mixture. Stir them well with a whisk.  




3. Strain the mixture through a fine tea strainer into custard cups.
 



4. Cover the cups with foil.



5. Pour the hot water into the large pan. The water is about 1/2 inch deep. Place the cups into the pan.



6. Cover the lid. Bring the water to a boil, and simmer it over low heat for 10 minutes.



7. Turn off the heat and wait for another 10 minutes.



8. Take off the cups from the pan. Let them cool in room temperature. Then, chill the cups for over four hours in the refrigerator. 
 


9. Garnish with whipped heavy cream. Enjoy!



      By the way, this is my video, How to Make Creamy Japanese Coffee Flan. Making coffee flan is also easy! ;)



       These are also my entries you might like.
■How to Make Creamy Coffee Flan

■How to Make Ichigo Daifuku, A Japanese Mochi Dessert Stuffed with Strawberry and Anko 

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix

■The Best Japanese Instant Curry! (S&B Golden Curry & House Foods Curry Sauce)

■What I Bought at Japanese Supermarkets

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods 

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■How to Cook Japanese White Cream Stew

■How to Cook Soboro Don, Japanese Scrambled Meat And Egg Bowl

■How to Cook Easy Teriyaki Chicken


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment